Wednesday, June 4, 2008

let the games begin

Yesterday was my stepson’s first little league game. Very exciting for all involved. The pre-game show was extremely entertaining, as the “first-years” played something resembling baseball – there were bats, balls and mitts, however when the ball reached the field all the children threw themselves in a pile over the ball. Then a small figure would emerge from the bottom of the pile proudly displaying the baseball he had “caught”. It kind of reminded me of a rugby scrum.

Vinny did awesome. His batting stance made me a bit apprehensive, however he did get off a few good ones. My husband, bless him, was a bit more anxious than was probably necessary. It was brought to his attention by two of us that Vincent’s batting stance could use, well, a lot of help. Both heads were bitten cleanly off. Apparently, Jamie’s manhood will be decided by Vinny’s success or failure in the cut-throat world of T-Ball.

I’m pulling for you honey.

No comments: