Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is Mary Murphy the spawn of hell?

In an earlier post about the summer’s upcoming Reality TV line-up, I classified "So You Think You Can Dance” in the “What will probably suck but I’m watching anyway” category. I have to admit, I was wrong.

I know, I know, you’re thinking “that’s just not possible – you’re right about everything!” But being perfect means admitting when you’re not – it is an oxymoron, I know.

But seriously, I love this show. The dancing is really, really good. I actually found myself in tears the other night. Its one near-fatal flaw is Mary Murphy. The screams, the cackles, those bug eyes! And those teeth – My God! They are mutant white. I swear she must gargle with bleach to achieve that glow-in-the-dark look. Do you think America could vote her off?

Aside from Scary Mary, I have definitely found a new favorite. If you appreciate art, you really should check it out.

1 comment:

Amber Ferran said...

I am obsessed with this show...and truly the longer I've watched it (going on 4 years now) the more I actually like Scary Mary! Really, there's something about her that makes me laugh! Jason thinks I'm pathetic (about liking Mary, not the show), but the show is amazing...truly amazing talented dancers!