Thursday, May 8, 2008

idol results - what a shocker.


Well, not really. Jason said goodbye last night after the train wreck of a performance on Tuesday. At least he wasn’t sobbing on stage. I won’t mention any names, but her name starts with a “B” (I’m so sneaky, aren’t I?).

So this leaves us with Syesha, David T. and David C., who I predict will go home in that order. Syesha has really surprised me – I thought she’d be gone long before now. She’s definitely a good singer, but personally I think she skated a bit.

So now we have David and David, who couldn’t be more different. David’s a rocker, with an amazing talent to take a song and completely change it up – always with awesome results. I’ve heard it said that David A is a more talented singer, but I beg to differ. If you listen to his performance of “The Music of the Night”, there is no doubt the boy can blow. He has the maturity, soul and talent that I think will not only win him this competition, but turn him into another Chris Daughtry.

David A. no doubt has mad skills. I just don’t think he has the maturity, soul and ingenuity yet that will give him a win, or at the very least success after the show is over. To me, he’s a bit sappy, and way too vanilla. Obviously, the two styles that will be represented are completely relative.

The biggest factor will be the fan base – cool people for David Cook, and pre-pubescent girls for David Archuleta. Here’s to hoping they all get grounded from there cell phones for stealing mom’s credit card…

No comments: